In this Majority Report clip, Steve Bannon is no fan of democracy, and neither is Bolsonaro.

We need your help to keep providing free videos! Support the Majority Report’s video content by going to http://www.Patreon.com/MajorityReport

“Political strategist Steve Bannon, a founding member of the far right-wing news website Breitbart News and former chief advisor to United States President Donald Trump, will be an advisor to Brazilian Presidential candidate Jair Bolsonaro for the upcoming elections in October.

The announcement was made by Bolsonaro’s son and congressman, Eduardo Bolsonaro.

“Bannon said that Bolsonaro’s mission in Brazil” will be more “arduous” than Trump’s presidential campaign, said Eduardo Bolsonaro.

He also affirmed that “Bannon had made himself available to help” Bolsonaro’s presidential run. “This, obviously, doesn’t include anything financial. We’ve made this point very clear. The support will come in the form of giving internet tips, analysis, interpreting data, that type of stuff.””*

Read more here: https://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Brazil-Steve-Bannon-to-Advise-Bolsonaro-Presidential-Campaign-20180815-0003.html

Watch the Majority Report live M–F at 12 p.m. EST at youtube.com/samseder or listen via daily podcast at http://Majority.FM

Download our FREE app: http://majorityapp.com

SUPPORT the show by becoming a member: http://jointhemajorityreport.com

LIKE us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/MajorityReport

FOLLOW us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MajorityFM

SUBSCRIBE to us on YouTube: http://youtube.com/SamSeder

Elise M · October 12, 2018 at 3:11 am

Steve Bannon needs to be deep fried.

issa osama · October 12, 2018 at 3:12 am

Bannon keeps claiming he does not support sexism yet he supports a guy who literally said he would not rape his coworker because she is not pretty enough and pushed her. Not just that the man said on many occasions he likes dictatorships and wants one.

Taylor Made · October 12, 2018 at 3:14 am

I believe this 100 % … persons clamoring to get rid of corruption are seemingly siding with elitist oligarchs and other forces of hate in Brazilian society to keep the poor and marginalised in their places.

Tamir Almeida · October 12, 2018 at 3:14 am

Good job covering Brazil.

LISURA do OBDUCTO · October 12, 2018 at 3:17 am

Brazil and Bolsonaro is fan of democracy….

Trenton Lemke · October 12, 2018 at 3:19 am

There is two far right party so he can almost won in the election off of that.

Alex P · October 12, 2018 at 3:33 am

Bannon is a sickly looking liver with bigotry for ideology

stonytoonracin · October 12, 2018 at 3:39 am

What u say willis: a bannon bum bump ps. Also comes with rot-gut alcoholic breath

Justin S · October 12, 2018 at 3:45 am

Actual fascist. Not a conservative firebrand. Not hard right. He's a homophobic, vindictive, militant authoritarian fascist. I can see why WSJ compared him to Trump.

Related: we've been installing far-right leaders in South America for so long that their citizens are now starting to elect them on their own.

roadtomanitoba · October 12, 2018 at 4:05 am

Germans raping Brazil 1-7 in 2014 are to blame for this

Con Bon · October 12, 2018 at 4:07 am

What sucks so much is that my girlfriend is Brazilian, and her parents are Creationist Catholics that worship Bolsonaro, as do most of the people in her family. I actually posted something anti-Bolsonaro the other day, and they messaged me that I was an idiot, "spreading lies" about Brazil, and shouldn't comment on something that isn't from my country. Suffice it to say, that they, and a lot of Brazilians out there right now are going through the same thing the States went through 2 years ago with Trump and Clinton, except maybe even more intense, as there appears to be more popularity for Bolsonaro over Haddad. It sucks that her parents are so crazy and blinded with their views because it directly effects my relationship with her (she is not with Bolsonaro luckily…) but what can I do, ya know?

crithon · October 12, 2018 at 4:09 am

"flooding weapons from the united states" Wait, how did Brooks slide that into there without it being checked?

playerjoe · October 12, 2018 at 4:17 am

Yeah but the democrats……..

-Jimmy Dore

Winston Smith in Oceania · October 12, 2018 at 4:29 am

TMR knows much more about Brazil than all of my Brazilian friends. Combined.

juan gomez · October 12, 2018 at 4:30 am

I 'd like to show you what one of the military juntas did in South America.

(File No. 7397)

"As I was inserting the key in the lock I realized what was happening, because the door was pulled inwards violently and I stumbled forward.
I jumped back, trying to escape. Two shots (one in each leg) stopped me. However, I still put up a struggle, and for several minutes resisted, being handcuffed and hooded, as best I could. At the same time, I was shouting at the top of my lungs that I was being kidnapped, begging my neighbours to tell my family, and to try to stop them taking me away.
Finally, exhausted and blindfolded, I was told by the person who apparently was in command that my wife and two daughters had already been captured and ’disappeared’.
They had to drag me out, since I couldn’t walk because of the wounds in my legs. As we were leaving the building, I saw a car with a flashing red light in the street. By the sound of the voices and commands, and the slamming of car doors, interspersed with shouts from my neighbours, i presumed that this was a police car.
After several minutes of heated argument, the police car left. The others then took me out of the building and threw me on to the floor of a car, possibly a Ford Falcon, and set off.
They hauled me out of the car in the same way, carrying me between four of them. We crossed four or five metres of what by the sound of it was a gravelled yard, then they threw me on to a table. They tied me by my hands and feet to its four corners.
The first voice I heard after being tied up was of someone who said he was a doctor. He told me the wounds on my legs were bleeding badly, so I should not try to resist in any way.
Then I heard another voice. This one said he was the ’Colonel’. He told me they knew I was not involved with terrorism or the guerrillas, but that they were going to torture me because I opposed the regime, because: ’I hadn’t understood that in Argentina there was no room for any opposition to the Process of National Reorganization.’ He then added: ’You’re going to pay dearly for it … the poor won’t have any goody-goodies to look after them any morel’
Everything happened very quickly. From the moment they took me out of the car to the beginning of the first electric shock session took less time than I am taking to tell it. For days they applied electric shocks to my gums, nipples, genitals, abdomen and ears. Unintentionally, I managed to annoy them, because, I don’t know why, although the shocks made me scream, jerk and shudder, they could not make me pass out.
They then began to beat me systematically and rhythmically with wooden sticks on my back, the backs of my thighs, my calves and the soles of my feet. At first the pain was dreadful. Then it became unbearable. Eventually I lost all feeling in the part of my body being beaten. The agonizing pain returned a short while after they finished hitting me. It was made still worse when they tore off my shirt, which had stuck to the wounds, in order to take me off for a fresh electric shock session. This continued for several days, alternating the two tortures. Sometimes they did both at the same time.
Such a combination of tortures can be fatal because, whereas electric shock produces muscular contractions, beating causes the muscle to relax (as a form of protection). Sometimes this can bring on heart failure.
In between torture sessions they left me hanging by my arms from hooks fixed in the wall of the cell where they had thrown me.
Sometimes they put me on to the torture table and stretched me out, tying my hands and feet to a machine which I can’t describe since I never saw it, but which gave me the feeling that they were going to tear part of my body off.
At one point when I was face-down on the torture table, they lifted my head then removed my blindfold to show me a bloodstained rag. They asked me if I recognized it and, without waiting for a reply – impossible anyway because it was unrecognizable, and my eyesight was very badly affected – they told me it was a pair of my wife’s knickers. No other explanation was given, so that I would suffer all the more … then they blindfolded me again and carried on with their beating.
Ten days after I entered this ’pit’, they brought my wife, Hilda Nora Ereñu, to my cell. I could scarcely see her, but she seemed in a pitiful state. They only left us together for two or three minutes, with one of the torturers present. When they took her away again,
I thought (I later learned that both of us had thought the same) that this would be the last time we saw each other. That it was the end for both of us. Despite the fact that I was told she had been set free with some other people, the next news I had of her was after I had been put into official custody at the Gregario de Laferrre police station, and she came at the first visiting time with my daughters.
On two or three occasions they also burnt me with a metal instrument. I didn’t see this either, but I had the impression that they were pressing something hard into me. Not like a cigarette, which gets squashed, but something more like a red-hot nail.
One day they put me face-down on the torture table, tied me up (as always), and calmly began to strip the skin from the soles of my feet. I imagine, though I didn’t see it because I was blindfolded, that they were doing it with a razor blade or a scalpel. I could feel them pulling as if they were trying to separate the skin at the edge of the wound with a pair of pincers. I passed out. From then on, strangely enough, I was able to faint very easily. As for example on the occasion when, showing me more bloodstained rags, they said these were my daughters’ knickers, and asked me whether I wanted them to be tortured with me or separately.
I began to feel that I was living alongside death. When I wasn’t being tortured I had hallucinations about death – sometimes when I was awake, at other times while sleeping.
When they came to fetch me for a torture session, they would kick the door open and shout at me, flailing out at everything in their way. That is how I knew what was going to happen even before they reached me. I lived in a state of suspense waiting for the moment when they would come to fetch me.
The most vivid and terrifying memory I have of all that time was of always living with death. I felt it was impossible to think, I desperately tried to summon up a thought in order to convince myself I wasn’t dead. That I wasn’t mad. At the same time, I wished with all my heart that they would kill me as soon as possible
There was a constant struggle in my mind. On the one hand: ’I must remain lucid and get my ideas straight again’; on the other: ’Let them finish me off once and for all’. I had the sensation of sliding towards nothingness down a huge slippery tube where I could get no grip. I felt that just one clear thought would be something solid for me to hold on to and prevent my fall into the void. My memory of that time is at once so concrete and so personal and private that the image I have of it is of an intestine existing both inside and outside my own body.
In the midst of all this terror, I’m not sure when, they took me off to the ’operating theatre’. There they tied me up and began to torture my testicles. I don’t know if they did this by hand or with a machine. I’d never experienced such pain. It was as though they were pulling out all my insides from my throat and brain downwards. As though my throat, brain, stomach and testicles were linked by a nylon thread which they were pulling on, while at the same time crushing everything. My only wish was for them to succeed in pulling all my insides out so that I would be completely empty. Then I passed out."

CONADEP REPORT (1983)

Winston Smith in Oceania · October 12, 2018 at 4:32 am

How da fuck do these guys know so much (and very accurately) about Brazil???

Russ Wilson · October 12, 2018 at 4:39 am

The bump is not what it once was supposed to be…

robotwizard · October 12, 2018 at 4:46 am

Trough this past year i saw claims that the un is run by communists to haddad being a agent of ursal trying to put gender theory in the schools to make the children gay, the people who vote for this guy are not just people looking for a saviour, our country is practically made up of reactionary religious lunatics who oppose any kind of social change, conspiracy theories and bible thumping make the worst combination.